9 Tried-and-Tested Beginner Tips for Killer SEO | Calgary
Starting out with search engine optimization but are not so sure where to begin? We have compiled 9 of great tips for you:
1. Set up a blog.
Millions of people around the world read blogs. They also give you a perfect excuse to update your website regularly, and you can be more engaged with your potential customers in the blogging arena.
2. Create text links.
Rather than simply displaying your URL, produce a text link. It is a keyword that is hyperlinked. When clicked, it directs readers to your preferred webpage. Your link has more weight when it is connected to any of your related or targeted keywords.
3. Combine organic and inorganic strategies.
You do not have to be too conservative with your SEO strategies. There is nothing really unethical about inorganic SEO. In fact, it supports your entire campaign. Paid tactics can provide you a huge amount of traffic, which you need for faster promotion. Needless to say, sustain such traffic and continue to increase your page rank by doing organic SEO.
4. Pay attention to your domain name. As much as possible, incorporate keywords in your domain name. See to it you can get the dot com before you even consider other extensions. Before you pay for your domain, make sure you have spelled it correctly. If possible, avoid adding hyphens. Normally, Internet users type domain names without them.
5. Go to Facebook and Twitter. Conquer social media and networking websites. Use them to build your network as well as foster relationships with both your regular and potential clients. Find time to share some of your links and posts, but beware of flooding your own or their page.
6. Include your keywords whenever you can. There are actually a lot of places where you can add your keywords: title, domain name, meta description, meta keyword, and all the pages of your website. Just do not forget you are not allowed to stuff these places with so many keywords. In fact, try to vary your keywords or have a targeted as well as related phrases and words. This way, you can make your copies sound as natural as possible.
7. Add a sitemap. A sitemap can be a huge help for your website. It sort of tells search engine spiders to come back because you have new pages. If you already have hundreds or thousands of pages, your sitemap can then work as a mega directory. If they can’t find the link they are looking for using the Search tab, they may be able to do so in the sitemap.
8. Avoid too many media files. Media files are a great addition to any webpage. They add diversity and enhance the overall message. However, so many of them can also be detrimental. They can definitely slow down your website’s speed, which means your website will not be crawled as frequently by Google & Bing spiders.
9. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Keep SEO in your mind, but always put your readers’ needs first. Write for them, not for yourself or even for search engine spiders.